- It is probably the most common variety in Tamil Nadu.
- High in vitamin, iron and calcium.
- It has recently been christened ‘Disco Keerai’.
- The stem of this spinach (keerai thandu or dantu in Kannada) is used in sambhar or More Kuzhambu (a yoghurt/ buttermilk-based curry, similar to the Gujarati Kadi).
- Add black gram with slender amaranth juice which is the best medicine for preventing water dysentery.
- To reduce blood pressure, giddiness and gallbladder disease, dry the cumin seeds which are dipped in the mullai keerai juice and then grind the seeds.