Traditional rice varieties is also a big medicine. Rice is considered as a important food in the Asian continent. Nearly 60% of the world population consume rice as their primary food. There were more than 3 lakhs of rice varieties in India and more than five thousand varieties was available in Tamilnadu. Currently we were able to save nearly 200 varieties in Tamilnadu. Every rice varieties are unique of their own. There are rice varieties which can withstand flood, heavy winds also some varieties can grow without water. Different rice varieties for different kind of peoples was also available For Ex. for diabetic peoples, for pregnant ladies, for children’s, for old age peoples, for youngsters etc. These high value traditional rice varieties started loosing its existence after the green revolution. Institutions like Create, Ciks etc are trying to save these traditional rice varities and as a general public we also have the social responsibility to save our traditional rice varieties and pass the same to the next generation.
- It is good for people with diabetes
- It is a rejuvenator and improvises the immune system
- It helps in digestion and improves metabolism and keeps emaciation at bay.
- It is used for curing rheumatoid arthritis
- Promotes the growth of RBCs, can cure Anemia
- Strengthens bones and prevents osteoporosis