Badam Pisin is not quite popularly used in Tamil Nadu and I do not know the actual reason. The limited recipes might be the reason for its less usage in our diet. Although Jigardanda is quite popular in Tamil Nadu, not many people know the fact that Badam Pisin is used in making Jigardanda. Almond Gum Or Badam Pisin is the gum from Badam tree. It’s used in Jigardanda and rose milk, the one that looks like dried glue. It will have a glassy texture after soaking for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
Badam Pisin Health Benefits and Other Uses:
- It is edible coating on cherries and just 10% is enough to increase the shelf life of the cherries for up to 15 days when stored at 2 C.
- We already know that it has great cooling properties and is suitable for people with excessive body heat.
- It helps calm the stomach burns, treats ulcers and reduces the burning sensation in the stomach.
- It is a good cure for people suffering from diaherra.
- It is known for its cholesterol lowering properties.
- In North India, Gondh Laddus are famous for its health benefits. It is given to pregnant women for its nutritional and cooling properties. It strengthens the bone and increases body strength.
- It can be used in deserts and beverages after a spicy meal to prevent acidity and stomach burns.
- Being a natural gum, it is free of artificial colors and preservatives. It is therefore ideal for consumption by children.
- It can be used in preparing ice creams and jelly’s for children.
- It is used in uncoated tablets and is found to have increased drug release property.
- Since it is a natural gum, it is inexpensive and safe to use.
- When consumed regularly, it helps gain weight. Add badam pisin with milk and drink to see visible result in weight gain.
- Due to its weight increasing property, it is also used by weight lifters.
- Badam Pisin is a natural body coolant which helps in reducing the body heat.
- Badam Pisin along with milk & sugar increases the body weight.
- Rather than buying aritificial jellies for children, Badam pisin along with ice cream/ milk will be a natural alternate.