Baheda is generally termed Belliric Myrobalan in English, and its botanical name is Terminalia Bellerica. In Hindi, Baheda is known by various names such as Baheda, Bhibitaki, Bhaira, Bulla, etc. In Sanskrit the tree is known as Vibhita or Vibhitaka, which means fearless. The Hindus of northern India generally believe that the person who will not sit beneath its shade will be inhabited by demons.
It is one of the important plants mentions in Ayurveda text for its diverse health benefits. It is one of the main ingredients, which is used for the herbal preparation Triphala, a rasayana benefit ranging from weight loss to diabetes and many more. The Fruit is bitter in taste and has properties such an astringent, analgesic, expectorant, laxative and brain tonic.
1. Bibhitaki cough, asthma and indigestion .Take equal amounts of licorice root, long pepper and bibhitaki (after removing the seed) and dust as finely as possible. Now it takes about 2 teaspoons of powder and boil with 500 ml of water until it is reduced to about 300 ml. Drink about 100 ml of this decoction 2 times (morning and afternoon). This resource will give good relief from indigestion, asthma and cough.
2. Bibhitaki For sore throat:………. for sore throat take a bibhitaki and if you pound on it using a stone one seed is inside, and remove. Now take one of the broken shell and suck on it, has an astringent and bitter taste, but it works well for sore throat and cough.
3. Bibhitaki wound:………. bhitaki paste is a healer of wounds incredible. If you are suffering from minor rashes, skin irritations, suggest applying a paste bibhitaki. For the pasta, take a small piece of bibhitaki and rub it on a stone (I used a small stone sandalwood), along with some water to a smooth paste.
4. To bibhitaki dental problems: This decoction is made by boiling the shell broken fruit along with the little water can be used as a mouthwash and most dental problems are treated as mouth odor, ulcers in the mouth, etc.
5. Bibhitaki Powder: …….bibhitaki pure powder can be used instead of fruit bibhitaki well. Bibhitaki powder when mixed with honey acts as a natural tonic. When mixed with water and applied as a poultice irritations minor skin treats soon.