Cholam is one of the oldest MILLET. used for cooking in old days, there are many health benefits of this cholam . it is both white and orange colour. Cholam contains iron, calcium, protein, good fats, minerals and salt. Cholam food makes our body strong and energy. It also reduces obesity. Helps to recover from stomach and mouth ulcer. Realize from digestion problem. You can make many recipes out this cholam like paniyaram, dosa, payasum, halwa etc.
Now coming to my recipe for today is CHOLA PANIYARAM
This one of my family special recipe which is liked by every one of us so thought to share this health recipe.
Cholam – 1 cup(white cholam)
Idly rice – 1 cup
Urad dal ¾ cup (can be less than that too)
Red chili – 6 no’s
Onion – 2 no’s
Jeera – 1tsp
HOW TO MAKE CHOLA PANIYARAM
• Soak rice, cholam, urad dal together for 6 – 8 hrs.
• Grind all the three together, add salt at last.
• It will take at least ten hours for fermentation.
• Grind the ingredients given for paste, add it to the batter two hours before you make paniyaram.
• Mix well and make paniyaram as usual , use ground nut oil taste will be suber.
• Coconut chuttney will be best combination.
WE DO SELL INSTANT CHOLAM DOSA MIX.