- Strengthens immune system: Cumin seed water helps ward off viral infections, and also helps purge out mucus and phlegm. It’s a soothing tea that can be taken at the first sign of flu or cold to ward off infection.
- Prevents diabetes: Cumin seed has long been suspected to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia and studies show noticible reduction in the levels of sugar in the urine of those fed cumin seed everyday.
- Aids in digestion: Warm cumin seed water is popularly consumed after a heavy or fatty meal as it helps speed up metabolism and increase digestion. Many also chew roasted or sugar-coated cumin seed after a meal as a breath freshener that helps prevent bloating, gas and promotes smooth digestion.
- Prevents colon cancer: Cumin seeds are rich in fiber, containing up to 42% of the RDA and this helps prevent constipation, which is the main factor that causes colon disorders. Cumin seed also helps treat piles.
- Detoxification: Although detoxification is a process that is done continuously by the body, in today’s world, where exhaust fumes, factory run off and other forms of pollution are present in the environment, we need to help our bodies with the necessary herbs and foods to detox. Cumin seed water is a perfect herbal remedy to help the body detox from various toxins and promote better health.
- Anti-aging effects: Cumin seed is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which work to prevent premature aging.
- Treats skin disorders: Did you know that cumin seed is rich in Vitamin E, providing up to 17% of the RDA (recommended daily allowance)? Vitamin E, also known as the “Skin Protector” helps maintain the suppleness and elasticity of the skin, promoting youthful looking skin.
- Anti-cancer: Coupled with detoxifying properties, cumin seed water has anti-cancer properties, which stimulate the body’s glands to secret anti-cancer enzymes and other essential enzymes that are important for eliminating toxins.The high levels of antioxidants in cumin seed, especially thiamin and niacin, play an important role in cancer-prevention. Cumin seed water can help prevent not only colon cancer, but other cancers as well.