- Traditional south Indian rice variety mostly cultivated in Kanchipuram district of Tamil Nadu
- Samba season is the best to cultivate with duration of 160-165 days
- Highly resistant to pest and disease
- The appearance of the grain is like a Garudan neck with white ring.
- The rice is fine and white in color
- Its gluten free
- Ideally suited for south Indian meals
- This variety is highly suitable for making South Indian ‘puttu’
- Makes a delightful pongaland bisbelabath
- It can also be used to make dosa and idli
- Cures urinary tract infections and body tumors
- It reverses blood anemia and known for its anti-cancer, anti-skin decease properties.
- This rice is direct from the certified organic as a result, no harm to the body due to chemical or pesticide. residue in the rice.
- To reverse the harms of chemical or pesticide residue in the body, consume organic rice regularly.
- Organic rice tastes better and induces your appetite. Especially, good nutrients are protected or enriched.
A special feature of this traditional variety, which was last raised about 15 years ago, is that it can withstand drought conditions and does not require much water. Further, the amount of hay yielded is also useful in the light of the non-availability of fodder. The hay realised today was 6.3 tonne an acre,” says S. Somasundaram, Assistant General Manager, NABARD.