Many of the physical benefits come from the effects that Haritaki has on the gastro-intestinal tract. As science is proving, a vibrant healthy stomach and intestinal tract means that all the organs such as the liver and kidneys are receiving toxin free content for them to work with. This in turn means that the rest of the body receives blood that has nutritional value, and therefore enhances optimal performance.
- Reduction in constipation
- Purification of the digestive system. Haritaki contains Tannin, which aids in detoxification and cleansing.
- Cleansing of the urinary tract so that infections are reduced and the risk is eliminated.
- Weight loss. This is a major benefit of Haritaki. Haritaki, by cleansing the intestinal tract increases absorption of minerals. It speeds up the metabolism which in turn reduces body fat content. If you have already been on diet or weight loss program then Haritaki can assist in keeping that weight off.
- Haritaki aids in the treatment of Diabetes. One of the benefits of haritaki is that it contains chebulic acid, which increases the very vital production of insulin which is generated by the pancreas gland. This has the effect of lowering blood sugar levels throughout the body.
- Skin problems. Haritaki benefits the skin by being a cleanser. Just as it works on the intestines, so it works on the face, rejuvenating skin and clearing acne. It also works on rashes, sunburn and eczema.
- Heart conditions. As the purity of the blood increases, the heart muscles grow stronger. The clean blood has the effect of stopping the build up of fat in the artery, especially the coronary artery. When these effects take place, they lead to a reduction in blood pressure, a strong heart and clear arteries.
- Helps people with enlarged livers caused by such issues as alcohol, and who are suffering from higher likelihood of developing jaundice or hepatitis.