Kalonji is called as Karunjeeragam in Tamil. It is called Kala Jeera or Black Jeera in Hindi. Black Jeera has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, anti-fungal, antioxidant, anti-histamine and anti-aging properties. With these numerous properties, Kalonji seeds or Karunjeeragam is considered as one of the healing ingredients for many diseases. According to history, the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) described Kalonji or Black Jeera as a cure for every disease except death.
Kalonji seeds, commonly known as black seeds are obtained from the plant Nigella sativa which is an annual flowering plant. The flowers are white or light blue in color and the plant is a shrub reaching 1.5 to 2 feet in height. The plant bears the black caraway fruit which contains numerous of these kalonji seeds. These black jeera seeds have several other names like black cumin, black caraway, nigella seeds, nutmeg flower and fennel flower. It is black in color and triangular in shape measuring 2 to 3 mm. It is found to have originated in Asia and the Middle East and was used as a herb for its various medicinal properties. About 2000 years ago, the kala jeera seeds were used to treat headache, toothache, pink eye, nasal congestion, and skin infections. With the development of science, research shows innumerable benefits the kala jeera seeds provide. Kalonji oil prevents hair loss: Massage your head with lime juice and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it with herbal shampoo. Now, use Kalonji oil when the hair gets dry. Continue it for 15 days to get positive results in prevention of hair fall. Make a paste of Kalonji oil (10 gms), olive oil (30 gms) and Mehendi powder (30 gms) after heating. Make it cool and apply the paste on the scalp for once in week. The problem of baldness can also be solved if a paste of Kalonji oil (10 gms), olive oil (30gms) and Mehendi powder (30 gms) are prepared and used over the head.
- Kalonji oil for diabetes prevention: The use of Kalonji oil is beneficial in the management and prevention of Diabetes. A mixture is prepared with the decoction of black tea (1cup) and Kalonji oil (½tsp). It is suggested to take the mix in the morning and before going to bed. There is a favourable chance to have better result within one month.
- Kalonji oil for Pimples removal: Make a mix from the combination of sweet lime juice (1 cup) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp). Apply the mixture on the face in the morning as well as at night. It helps in glowing of skin, prevents pimples, acne, blemishes and any other black spots. White or black spots can also be prevented when the mix of vinegar (1 cup) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp) are applied in the morning and before going to bed.
- Kalonji oil for Memory increase: Memory power can be increased with the help of Kalonji oil. It is suggested that to increase brain power and concentration, one has to take mint leaves (10 grams), boil it with water followed by adding ½ tsp of Kalonji oil. Take the mixture for 20-25 days for twice a day to get positive results.
- Kalonji oil to ease headache: Headache can be cured by taking Kalonji oil. To ease headache, rub Kalonji oil on the forehead and also recommended to rub it near the ears. ½ tsp of Kalonji oil can also be drink twice a day soothe headache. Taking Kalonji oil on regular basis is also helpful in curing of migraine.
- Kalonji oil for Asthma treatment: For the treatment of asthma and respiratory problems, it is suggested to take the mix of warm water (1 cup), honey (1 tsp) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp). Take this mixture in the morning as well as in the evening to cure from the above said problems. The above said ingredients are also beneficial in the treatment of cough and allergy.
- Kalonji oil for Healthy heart: When the mix of Kalonji oil and goat milk is taken, helps for healthy heart and prevention of heart attack. The mix should be in the proportion: goat milk (1 cup) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp). The mixture should be continued for a week.
- Kalonji oil to cure joint pain:The mixture of Kalonji oil (½ tsp), vinegar (1 cup) and honey (2 tsp) is applied over the joints twice a day. It is good to relieve joint pain as well in the prevention of arthritis. When the mix of dry fig (2 in no.), Kalonji oil (½ tsp) and milk (1 cup) are taken once a day, helps in the treatment of joint pains, neck and back pain.
- Kalonji oil for Eyesight and vision: Kalonji oil is extremely beneficial for eye related diseases such as eye redness, cataract and watering. The mix of Kalonji oil (½ tsp) and carrot juice is helpful in case of eye diseases when taken twice a day.
- Kalonji oil for Cancer prevention: Kalonji oil with grape juice is good against cancer like intestine, blood cancer and throat cancer. A mixture is prepared with Kalonji oil (½ tsp) and grape juice (1 cup). The mixture should be taken thrice a day to have positive results.
- Kalonji oil to lower blood pressure: Kalonji oil helps in reduction of blood pressure. When Kalonji oil (½tsp) is mixed with hot tea followed by drinking it twice a day.
- Kalonji oil for Healthy kidney: Kalonji oil prevents stone formation in the kidney. For this, it is suggested to take the mix of Kalonji oil (½ tsp), warm water (1 cup), honey (2 tsp). The mixture should be taken twice a day. To relieve from kidney pain or renal coli, the mix of kalonji and honey should be taken. Make a mixture of kalonji (250 grams) and honey (1 cup). Take 2 tsp of the mixture along with half cup of water to get positive result.
- Kalonji oil for Teeth strengthening: Kalonji oil is beneficial in the treatment of dental diseases such as prematurely falling of teeth, gum swelling, bleeding, etc. To avoid these problems, one has to take the mix of Kalonji oil (½ tsp) and curd (1 cup). Use this mixture twice a day for better result. Tooth pain and swelling of gums can also be prevented by rinsing the mixture of Kalonji oil (½ tsp) and vinegar (1 tsp), thrice a day for one week. Soaked cotton with Kalonji oil may be kept in the affected area while going before going to bed, helps curing tooth ache and also prevent cavities.
- Kalonji oil for cough and cold:Kalonji oil is good in curing of cough and cold. The mix of Kalonji oil (½ tsp), warm water (1 cup) and honey (2 tsp), when taken twice a day helps in the prevention of cough and cold. The mix is also good for those who are suffering from sinus.
- Kalonji oil for Weight loss and weight management: To certain extent, weight loss can be achieved by taking the mix of Kalonji oil (½ tsp), honey (2 tsp), mixed with lukewarm water. The mix can be taken thrice a day.
- Kalonji oil for Glowing face and beauty:The mix of oilive oil (50 grams) and Kalonji oil (50 grams) is prepared. Take ½tsp of the mixture before breakfast. It will help you giving glowing skin. Continue it for one week to get freshness and beauty.
- Kalonji oil for Acidity and hyperacidity: Acidity and gas formation can be prevented when the mix of ginger juice (1 tsp), Kalonji oil (½ tsp) is taken along with salt and water.
- Kalonji oil for Piles treatment: Piles are quite common problems these days due to faulty lifestyle and wrong dietary pattern. Piles can be prevented by applying the mix of vinegar (1 tsp) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp) on the affected area thrice a day. The mix of mehendi leaves (50 grams), olive oil (250 grams) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp) is prepared after boiling. Apply the paste when it gets cool on the affected area to have better result. To ease constipation, take the mixture of Kalonji oil (½ tsp) along with one cup of decoction black tea, twice a day.
- Kalonji oil for burning micturition: Micturition is common with those people whose kidney has to work hard during filtration. It happens generally due to lack of water and giving more thrust upon junk and fast foods. To solve the problem of urine deficiency and burning sensation in urine, it is suggested to make a mixture of milk (½litre), Kalonji oil (½ tsp) and honey (1 tsp). Take this mixture twice a day and continue for one week.
- Kalonji oil for Stomach pain: Kalonji oil plays an important role in minimizing the impact of stomach pain. To relieve from stomach pain, it is suggested to take the mixture Kalonji oil (½ tsp), little amount of black salt, and warm water (½ glass). Drink the mixture twice or thrice for better result. Chest irritation and stomach trouble can be solved by taking the mix of Kalonji oil (½ tsp) along with a cup of milk. This mixture should be taken twice a day and continue it for one week.
- Kalonji oil for low hearing: Kalonji oil is extremely beneficial in solve the problem
of hearing. First of all, heat the kalonji oil for few minutes thereby makes it cool. Now, pour two drops of kalonji oil into the ear to solve the problem of low hearing, pus flow from ear, ear ache and other ear diseases.
- Kalonji oil for Cracked foot: Make a mixture of sweet lime juice (1 glass) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp). Apply this mixture twice a day in the morning as well as before going to bed to have a good result. It is beneficial to solve the problem of cracked hand and cracked foot.
- Kalonji oil for Vomiting: Boil the mixture of coriander (1 tsp) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp). When gets cool, use mint leaves before taking. Take the ingredients thrice a day to solve the problem of nausea or vomiting.
- Kalonji oil for Tumor solution: Kalonji oil should be applied on the affected part to minimize the severity of tumor. It is also suggested to drink ½ tsp once in a day. The swelling of the body parts can also be treated by applying kaloni oil over it.
- Kalonji oil for Body energy: To revital the body, to remove tiredness and laziness, it is suggested to take the mix of orange juice (1 glass) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp). It will help to remove inactiveness and make your body energetic