The Avarampoo flowers are dried and ground into a very fine powder. This powder can be mixed with face wash powders and curd for external application. It has been used by thousands of Indian women over the years to treat uneven skin, prevent black spots and keep the skin free of blemishes. Avarampoo increases the glow of the skin and improves complexion when used on a regular basis.
2. The sweet fragrance of the powder derived from dried flowers drives people to use it for removing body odor. The powder also treats many skin problems. Avarampoo is generally preferred for dry to normal skin use. But it can be used for almost all skin types. It reduces recurrence of boils and prevents skin infections.
3. Avarampoo is used for preparing herbal tea. The antioxidant rich concoction is very tasty and a perfect substitute for caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee. The antioxidants keep the skin and body healthy and act like a natural blood purifier.
4. In olden days, people carried the Avarampoo plants on their heads, when they walked in the hot sun. The plant helped to keep them hydrated. It cools and hydrates the body from inside. It can be given to children, who play in the sun, to prevent dehydration and reduce body heat. Avarampoo tea helps with problems like excessive thirst through its hydrating properties.
5. Avarampoo helps regulate blood sugar levels. It boosts the insulin levels in the body naturally. When taken on an empty stomach it is very beneficial for diabetics.
6. This drink is a natural remedy for fever in children. Without toxins and chemicals, it is an effective and safe remedy for children.
7. The Avarampoo juice obtained from the flowers is known to cure a number of urinary tract problems like painful urination.
8. Avarampoo has a number of medicinal uses in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. It has been evidenced to improve liver function and rectify constipation.
9. The seeds of Avarampoo have strong antibacterial properties. They have been employed in the treatment of gonorrhea, eye diseases like conjunctivitis and other infections affecting human health.
10. Avaram bark and seeds are also being used to treat degenerative conditions like rheumatism and gout in some parts of the world.